FOR A GREENER TOMORROW.
How to Recycle
No matter where you live in Geauga or Trumbull County, you can include plastic bottles, jars and jugs, cans, paper and boxes in your home recycling. Reduce your trash when you combine these items in your curbside recycling. Recycle better, recycle right.
5 Ways to Recycle Right
- Leave recyclables loose – not bagged. Plastic bags do not belong in your recycling bin or cart. Plastic bags get tangled in the sorting machines at the recycling facilities and cause major problems for the recycling process. Plastic shopping bags can be recycled at many retail locations, including Giant Eagle, Lowe's Home Improvement, Marc's, Target and Walmart stores.
- Make sure it’s clean and empty. Rinse residue from cartons, containers, bottles and jars or any other recyclable that may contain food particles. Greasy pizza boxes are not accepted.
- Keep it dry. When it comes to paper and cardboard, keeping it dry is imperative for the recycling process. Please flatten all cardboard boxes as well.
- Don’t wishcycle. Think you can throw everything into your recycling bin and it will get sorted out at the recycling plant? Think again. Recycling only these five core items is paramount: cans, cartons, glass bottles and jars, paper and boxes along with plastic bottles and jugs.
- Join a social media community. Share a post. Do a story. Get engaged with the social media accounts in your community. You can find us on Facebook.
Not sure what to do with something? Check out our page helping you with that!